It's almost Valentine's Day. Whether you are new in a relationship or have been in one for a long time, it's always fun to create Valentine's Day memories! Our Club Botanic staff has done some research to help you find memorable and maybe unique ways to celebrate this year. We think this list is applicable to couples at any stage in their relationship!
1. Visit your nearest botanical gardens. Enjoy the variety and beauty of all the flowers and trees.
2. Take a hot air balloon ride. Here in San Francisco, hot air balloon rides over the Napa and Sonoma Valley wine country are very popular.
3. See a comedy show! Laughter is contagious and it’s also good for you!
4. Find a local train ride! Whether through the mountains or along the coast, train rides are quintessentially romantic
5. Have a three-restaurant date. Have appetizers, entrees, and dessert - each at a place where an important moment in your relationship took place..
6. Recreate your first Valentine’s Day date. Enjoy remembering that day and talk about all the things that have happened since then!
7. Have a champagne brunch at a local restaurant. It’s a romantic way to start the day.
8. Go to the spa together. Rejuvenate, rest, and celebrate your relationship.
9. Find old photos and reminisce. Open old scrapbooks, albums, yearbooks, or even home videos. Enjoy the memories!
10. Attend a cooking class. Going to a cooking class is a popular date-night practice, and you will have a great time learning a new dish and relaxing.
11. Go skating! Whether you go ice skating or you find a roller rink, you are sure to have a good laugh or two!
12. Stargazing at night!. Take a blanket, bread and cheese along with wine, and stare up at the beauty of the stars.
13. Share your favorite spot in the city. Plan an evening where you each take the other to a favorite view, restaurant, etc. and enjoy it together.
14. Go chocolate tasting. It’s Valentine’s Day, and chocolate is necessary!
15. Pay a visit to your local aquarium. If you don’t have kids, you probably have not been to an aquarium for some time. It’s a fun date!
16. Keep it old school and go to your favorite high end restaurant. Tried and true, just plan ahead and make reservations
17. Go to the opera. Here in San Francisco, that’s an option! If you live in an area that’s less urban, maybe take in a romantic movie!
18. Sing at a karaoke bar. Certainly you can’t be more yourself than when you are both singing karaoke.
19. Go on a camping trip. Enjoy the wilderness - either mountains, river, or wherever! It’s a wonderful way to spend time alone together.
We hope this list will help you and your loved one truly enjoy this special day! Live, beautifully!